What Is a Value Added Resellers (VAR)
A Value Added Resellers (VAR) not only provides pick, pack and ship services for the Hitachi Cash Recyclers, but also offers differentiating services and solutions that provide additional benefits to their clients. This will create long-lasting customer relationships. We have worked for many years to deliver innovative solutions along with our Cash Recycling Machines. We would like to share some of the principles that have been helpful for us, our suppliers and our clients.
Set Your Customers Up for Success
Before the sales process even begins, Value Added Resellers (VAR) must make sure that their customers are set up for success. There are simple ways to add value to the customer experience by putting yourself in their shoes.
- Take the time to explain real benefits of Hitachi Cash Recyclers.
- Present successful case studies from different parts of the world.
- Provide references for Customer verifications.
Technology Can Be a Great Tool
One way to provide added benefits to the customer experience is by utilizing technology. With Hitachi, customers can also use our platform to download essential documents and certifications. But make no mistake: while technology can provide benefits to customers, it will never replace customer service.
The Secret to Great Customer Service Is Listening
To provide excellent customer service and support, the first step is listening. Value-added distributors understand that this is an absolute necessity. The goal of a VAD is to have the customer experience continue to get better with each interaction. At Hitachi, we listen to our customers because we know that by understanding your unique challenges more clearly, we’ll be able to provide solutions that anticipate and address your specific needs.
Innovative Services and Solutions Add Value
So, what services and solutions have resulted from listening to our customers?
- Currency Template DevelopmentCash Recycler needs a strong & well set template for the currencies of respective country. VAD is expected to develop this with Hitachi, with all needed permissions from Central Bank or respective authorities.
- PoC with Cash Recyclers Hitachi is very successful with their Cash Recycling Machines (CRM). Hence it is advised VAD to offer a Proof of Concept (PoC) with major customers before RFQ. This will help to move away from the misconception that ‘Recyclers will not work in Africa’.
- Technical SkillsUnlike Cash Dispensers (ATMs), Cash Recycling Machines (CRMs) are highly intelligent. The technical skills who handled just ATMs cannot handle CRMs. With Hitachi, we can train & certify the skills as needed to support the CRMs.
- Availability of Spares and SupportHitachi will ensure the availability of spares, support and upgrades for seven years from selling the CRM. But spares will be supplied from their factories. VAD is expected to stock all crucial spares in country. This can help to minimize the downtime, as expected by all CRM customers.
Value Added Resellers (VAR) is a great way to shift the focus of your business toward the customer. It can help you find inspiration, drive innovation and build your reputation. And it will almost certainly result in many happy customers.